The leading hospital in dermatology of Viet Nam
The Internal Medicine – Dermatology was established on February 1954 and University of Medicine and Pharmacy was established in Viet Bac mountain area. Prof. Dang Vu Hy with his 45 staffs took responsibility for Dermatology Department of Bach Mai Hospital on October 1954.
Prof. Dang Vu Hy was the head of Dermatology Department of Bach Mai Hospital and Hanoi Medical University. Prof. Le Kinh Due – Vice Head of Dermatology Department.
Prof. Le Tu Van became Vice Head of Dermatology Department of Bach Mai Hospital.
Giáo sư Lê Kinh Duệ được bổ nhiệm làm Chủ nhiệm khoa Da liễu Bệnh viện Bạch Mai kiêm Chủ nhiệm Bộ môn Da liễu trường Đại học Y Hà Nội. Giáo sư Lê Tử Vân giữ chức Phó Chủ nhiệm khoa, Phó Chủ nhiệm Bộ môn. Giáo sư Nguyễn Thị Đào – Làm Phó Chủ nhiệm Bộ môn Prof. Le Kinh Due became Head of Dermatology Department of Bach Mai Hospital and Hanoi Medical University. Prof. Le Tu Van and Prof. Nguyen Thi Dao were Vice Heads.
Ministry of Health made decision No. 70/BYT-QL on establishing Vietnam Dermatology Hospital – under the control of Ministry of Health.
The Prime Minister issued Decision No. 486/QD-TTg on establishing the National Dermatology Hospital under the control of Ministry of Health.
Ministry of Health issued decision No 4453/QĐ-BYT on renaming National Dermatology Hospital into National Hospital of Dermatology and Venereology.
Our functions and missions
National Hospital of Dermatology and Venereology is one of the leading hospitals in dermatology with the following functions and missions
- The Functional Department
- Personal department
- Administrative department
- Training and direction center, including rooms:
- Education department
- Scientific research and international cooperation department
- Direction center
- Finance and accounting
- General planning department
- Medical equipment and consumables
- Information technology medical education department
- Division of Health offices
- Social work department
- Quality management Department
- Clinical trial center
- Nursing department
- The Clinical Department
- Consultation department
- Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation Department
- Laser and skin care department
- Deparment of Females and children skin diseases
- Deparment of Males skin diseases
- Stem cell research and application technology Department
- Nutrition department
- Infection control department
- Day inpatient department
- The subclinical department
- Pharmacy department
- Department of Microbiology, Mycology and Parasitology
- Department of Hematology, Biochemistry, Immunology and Histopathology
- Diagnostic imaging department
- The Party committee/ Union
- Party committee
- Youth Group
- Dermatology Department of Hà Nội Medical University
- Emulation and commendation council
- Labor protection council
- Science and Technology Association
- Salary Council
- Ethics committee in biomedical research
Until now 100% of provinces in Vietnam has dermatology centers. Depending on the specific conditions of personnel organization, geography and management method of each locality, each dermatological center has different name (Dermatology Hospital, Hospital of Leprosy and Dermatology, Dermatology Center, Preventive Health Center…) but the same objectives and missions
NHDV and Dermatology department of Hanoi Medical University have collaborated to open many courses for undergraduate and graduate subjectives, including: students of Hanoi Medical university, resident doctors, PhD, Master Doctors and so on.
- With the success and prestige achieved, the NHDV and Vietnam Association of Dermatology were honored to host important International Dermatology Associations:
Up to now, all 63/63 cities across the country have organized recognition of leprosy elimination according to 4 standards of Vietnam issued by the Ministry of Health in 2002.
- Annually monitor antiLeprosy activities in provinces nationwide.
- Directing and implementing the disability prevention program for leprosy patients.
- Implementing a cooperation project between the Division of Line Steering and related sections with the Dutch Phong Phong Association (NLR), Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland.
- Finalize the bylaws to guide the organization to recognize leprosy elimination according to 4 Vietnamese standards.
- Distributing anti-leprosy and topical medicines in service of the examination and detection of leprosy for provinces / cities nationwide.
- Educating the whole population and training health workers with basic knowledge about leprosy in key communes (communes with many new leprosy patients).
- Organize annual briefings of 4 Dept. of Dermatology Central Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City Dermatology Hospital, Quy Hoa Central Leprosy and Dermatology Hospital; Hospital of Leprosy -
- The Institute has developed an Action Program to prevent and fight against sexually transmitted infections by 2010 within the framework of the National Health Program for HIV / AIDS prevention and control.
- Annual training for provincial trainers on management, surveillance and treatment of STIs. Regular monitoring of STIs in provinces according to MOH regulations.
- Complete a set of national standard teaching materials on STIs management, reproductive tract infections for reproductive tract health care program of the Ministry of Health to conduct training in obstetrics and gynecology system at district level , districts and communes.
- Complete teaching materials for provincial trainers on managing, monitoring, and treating STIs in the ADB project.
- Participating in the compilation of documents on national standards for treatment of opportunistic infections in HIV / AIDS.
- Developing Atlas of sexually transmitted diseases
- Dermatology Magazine has been formed and published continuously every quarter.
- Specialized books on scientific dissemination have been published, with quite a number of copies such as: "Some modern knowledge about leprosy", "First leprosy must be incurable (Dien Ca)"; "Learn about syphilis", "Atlas of sexually transmitted diseases", "What are the common skin conditions of hair?"; "Common fungal skin diseases", "Psoriasis", "Pustular skin diseases", "Occupational skin diseases", "Rehabilitation in leprosy", etc. Each book has been published by the Medicine Publisher printed with the thousands of books and widely sold among people. Dozens of films were released with practical content to educate people about leprosy and venereal disease: (For example, "It's not incurable"; mai "," Nga Son Thanh Hoa leprosy "," Love song "talked about leprosy, while" Trot rai "is about venereal disease, with hundreds of copies distributed with dozens of projectors mobile film in remote areas.
- 1983: Dermatology Institute was awarded the Third Class Labor Medal by our State.
- 1983: Dermatology Department was awarded the Certificate of Merit for excellent teaching achievements by the Ministry of Health
- 1983: Professor Le Kinh Due was awarded the Third Class Labor Medal.
- 1995: Professor Le Kinh Due was awarded the Second-Class Labor Medal.
-1994: Professor Le Kinh Due was elected the Vice President of the Association by the Association against French-speaking countries (Francophonie).
- 1995: Professor Le Kinh Due was honored with the grand prize named Sasakawa of WHO.
- 1996: The late Professor Dang Vu Hy was awarded the Ho Chi Minh Prize by the State.
- 2001: The Dermatology Institute was awarded the second-class Labor Medal by the State.
- 2002: Dermatology Department was awarded the third-class Labor Medal
- 2003: The late Professor Le Kinh Due was awarded the Second Class Independence Medal by the State.
- 2003: Assoc.Prof. Pham Van Hien was awarded a third-class Labor Medal by the State.
-Prof. Dr. Tran Hau Khang was awarded:
- 1996: Creative Medal for Youth of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
- 2002: Outstanding Research Award from Japan Dermatology Association.
- 2011: Third Class Labor Medal.
- 2011: Dedication Award of the World Dermatology Federation.
- 2013: Award of "Excellent Manager in the innovation period"
- 2014: "Honoring the golden table" Typical knowledge for the development of the Capital
- 2014: People's Doctor
- In 2010: The National Hospital of Dermatology and Venereology was awarded the Certificate of Merit by the Prime Minister.
- In 2011: The National Hospital of Dermatology and Venereology was awarded the Certificate of Merit from the Ministry of Health for its outstanding achievements in implementing the Ho Chi Minh's Ethical Movement in 2007-2011.
- In 2011: Hospital was awarded the Certificate of Merit for Excellent Hospital by the Ministry of Health in 2011.
- In 2012: The hospital was awarded the Emulation Flag of the Ministry of Health by the Ministry of Health.
- 2013: The hospital was awarded the Emulation Flag of the Ministry of Health
- 2016: Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Huu Sau, Deputy Director of the Hospital, was awarded the Certificate of Merit by the Prime Minister for his achievements in the work, contributing to the cause of protecting and taking care of the people's health.