After birth, skin in women’s abdomen become loose, cracked skin and stretched. Overweight cause round 2 oversized, wrinkled abdominal skin. Those who do office belly fat accumulate more and more, sagging belly. Many people have trouble in life and family because your abdomen wall is too big. That makes you worried and find enough ways to improve such as exercise, diet, weight reduction by machine … but the results are not positive. With plastic surgery to create the abdomen, after a nap, you will have a perfect physique, smooth waist.
Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a plastic surgery to remove the bad skin in the abdominal wall (stretched skin, wrinkled, scarred, cracked) then stretch the remaining skin around to form the skin new belly. At the same time, in the process of removing excess skin, it is possible to suck excess fat and treat damaged abdominal wall muscle (the stage of recovery of loose abdominal wall, hernia). The result after surgery is a firm, smooth skin.
- Women after birth (after at least 6 months), stretch marks, loose skin, sagging.
- People with sudden weight loss cause the skin to stretch, excess skin due to contraction.
- People who are overweight and have a large waistline, weak abdominal wall, bad, wrinkled abdominal skin make patients uncomfortable, heavy and wish to have a slim body
- Excess skin after liposuction
- Applies to both men and women over the age of 18 and there are no contraindications for surgery
- ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF THE METHOD
- Significant improvement in body aesthetics
- Helping patients more comfortable, improving the quality of life and confidence for patients, so that patients can control weight better.
- Improve function and psychology, patients can adjust their weight more easily.
If the surgery is not perfect, it will cause risks:
- Fluid, hematoma
- The wound heals for a long time
- Scars are slightly exposed, sticky or disproportionate. Scarred, enlarged or uneven (scarred) scar.
- The navel looks unnatural.
- In some cases, the scar is stretched too hard
- Pubic hair grows back
Therefore, the abdominal surgery should be performed by a well-trained and experienced doctor, performed in a hospital with adequate modern medical equipment to prevent undue risks. have.
- CREATING TECHNIQUES FOR TUMMY TUCK
4.1 Complete tummy tuck:
The doctor will make a large cut in the lower abdomen just above the pubic area from the waist to the hip. A second incision will be made to release the navel from the surrounding tissue. The doctor will remove the skin from the abdominal wall. Next, the abdominal muscles are repositioned, fat accumulates and excess skin is removed. The doctor then creates a new umbilical cord. The remaining leather will be pulled and sewn together
4.2. Partial or mini tummy tuck:
The doctor will make a short incision in the lower abdomen. Next, the surgeon will remove the skin from the abdominal wall below the navel. Fat accumulates and excess skin is removed. The remaining leather will be pulled together and sewn in place. Partial abdominal surgery is suitable for people with lower abdominal fat.
- PROCEDURE FOR TUMMY TUCK
Tummy tuck is an operation performed within 1.5-2 hours, under intubation anesthesia, and should be performed in hospitals according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health. Modern equipment for surgery such as the Central Hospital of Dermatology.
Step 1: Examination and counseling: customers are examined by a plastic surgery specialist, will be assessed the level of excess skin, excess fat, abdominal wall muscle function, from which give treatment. Reasonable
Step 2: Check-up : Customers who agree to perform surgery will be tested and comprehensive health check before surgery.
Step 3: Surgical design: The doctor will measure, determine the amount of excess fat to be removed, and create the appropriate abdominal shape for each customer.
Step 4: Endotracheal anesthesia: Performed by an experienced anesthetist, with a modern anesthetic system.
Step 5: Conduct surgery: Be operated by a highly skilled cosmetic surgeon and have many years of experience, according to the technique previously agreed with the patient.
Step 6: Postoperative care : After surgery, customers will have a break in the postoperative room, daily care and dressing. Patients need to stay and monitor in the hospital for 3-5 days. Doctors will also visit and monitor regularly to ensure your health to recover, stabilize on the right route.
- SURVEY AFTER SURGERY
- Wear a gene shirt that shapes your abdomen in accordance with your doctor’s instructions (minimum 1 month).
- Change the bandage and clean the incision daily with salt or antiseptic water on the prescription.
- Return to examination and thread trimming after 7-10 days
- Do not work hard during the first 2-4 weeks.
- Only participate in light sport activities from the 6th week
- After surgery, there will be some uncomfortable manifestations such as:
- Difficulty standing up straight, feeling like your abdomen is stretched
- Pain and bruising
- Numbness in the abdomen for a few months or maybe a few years
- Incision scars are usually red in the first 2 to 3 months and will gradually reduce redness from the 3rd month onwards over a period of 1 to 2 years. Avoid exposing the scar to sunlight and UV rays for at least 3 months.
- NOTES BEFORE SURGERY
- Do not smoke, at least 1 month before and 1 month after surgery (cigarettes can make scars heal longer).
- The doctor may ask the patient not to take birth control pills, especially those with associated risk factors (obesity, bad vein condition, coagulation disorders)
- Do not take aspirin-containing medicines for 10 days before surgery.
Author: Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation Department
Publisher: Social work department