Skin aging is part of the general human aging process, it is induced by both intrinsic and extrinsic factors, notably, long-term exposure to solar ultraviolet (UV) radiation is the primary factor.
Cutaneous aging is characterized by features such as wrinkling, loss of elasticity, pigmentation disorders, maybe also vasodilation.
These skin changes lead to facial changes, affect to the quality of life, and this is motivate make the patients to see a dermatologist for skin resurfacing.
Skin rejuvenation by laser is the use of laser beams that impact on the skin’s organization to treat and improve the skin aging: reducing wrinkles, sagging, hyperpigmentation, vasodilations. Depending on the type of skin lesions, we can used to laser or a combination of lasers and other therapy:
– Treatment of wrinkling, loss of elasticity: micro CO2 laser, Erbium YAG laser, micro pulse YAG laser, long pulse YAG laser…
– Treatment of hyperpigmentation lesions due to skin aging: laser Qs Nd: YAG, Qs ruby …
– Treatment of vasodilatory lesions due to skin aging: Vbeam laser, long pulse YAG laser.
Indications: used for skin aging conditions due to age and light (including wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity, hyperpigmentation, vasodilation…)
– Acute skin inflammation and diffusion.
– Severe disease: systemic disease, heart failure, respiratory failure …
Caution should be exercised in cases where the treated skin is irradiated, keloids, severe immunodeficiency, pregnant women, a history of recurrent herpes infections in the areas requiring treatment …
There are also specific contraindications depend on the type of laser.
How to treatment?
– Patients are examined by their doctor and talk about the skin condition, and appropriate treatment.
– After agreeing to the treatment, the patient is prepared, depending on the type of therapy: removing make-up, taking pictures, wearing protective clothing, eyeglasses, applying anesthetics …
– Patients are treated by laser with medical doctors.
After treatment by laser: cooling, masking, skincare after the procedure …
Side effects that can be encountered during treatment depending on the type of laser: edema, redness, scaling, etc. Side effects are usually mild.
Author: Laser and Skincare Department
Publisher: Social Work Department